Dress and Etiquette
Effingham Golf Club seeks to provide members and visitors alike with a memorable golfing experience in every aspect of its offering.
Members and visitors must observe the Rules of Etiquette on the course and the Club's dress code as follows:
Dress code on the course
- Clean golf, sports and casual wear
- Tailored shorts of an appropriate length for golf, worn with predominantly white or colour-co-ordinated sports socks. Knee-length socks should be of a single colour.
- Men's shirts tucked in, unless designed to be worn untucked
- Hats and baseball caps (peak to the front)
- Dirty, torn or ripped clothing
- Blue denim jeans, trainers, tee-shirts, vests and tracksuits
Dress code in the Clubhouse
- The acceptable and unacceptable "course" code above applies except that smart denim jeans of any colour are acceptable but not if torn or worn below the hip
- No hats or caps
- Soft-spike golf and tennis shoes may be worn in the bar but not in the carpeted rooms except when transiting to or from the Ladies changing room. Clean fashion-style trainers are acceptable.
- Smart casual dress is the norm. Jackets and ties (or equivalent for Ladies) are always welcome but not required unless prescribed by the event organiser.
Anyone concerned about the dress code of others should neither confront nor criticise them. Any concerns should be raised with the General Manager, Golf Manager, Club Captain or Ladies Captain.